Welcome to Ashleigh’s Tea Party! I first began blogging in one form or another in January 2013, however, I recently decided to relaunch with a fresh new look, which I hope you love as much as I do. The best way to describe my content is an ‘everything’ blog. This is my outlet for all the things I love in life and want to share with others.
So how did it all begin? Well, as a true English Rose one of my favorite past times is to sit down with my girls and drink a nice old cup of PG tips! Whilst working our way through countless mugs we gossip about anything and everything, from our most recent purchase to the last film we watched to whatever is happening in the news and everything in between! After whiling away hours reading other peoples blogs, I decided I would start my own, and when thinking up a theme I thought why not have my very own online tea party!
I’ve never been that great at introducing myself so instead I’m just going to share 10 facts about me!
1. I love tea! – Ok so that was is kind of obvious, but no less important! I drink gallons of the stuff in all different varieties, from your standard PG tips to hibiscus purchased in the Egyptian dessert!
2. I live with my husband and my cat Freddie – I have been married since October 2012 and still talk about it as if it were yesterday as it was the greatest day of my life. We adopted our cat and he is totally crazy, not particularly sociable to anyone but us and has no concept of personal space but we love him none the less.
3. I have a big family! – My mum is Irish, and in true Irish fashion I have a huge family! I have 3 brothers, 2 sisters and a step sister. I am a proper family girl and my family mean the world to me.
4. I’m from Essex! – and proud might I add! Although my life is nothing like that of the guys and girls of TOWIE, I do watch the show because it makes me laugh and I like seeing if I recognize any of the places or people in it.
5. I’m a book worm! – I read ALL the time, and quite often find myself losing an entire day if I’ve picked up a good’un! I’m mostly in to chick lit, but dabble in other genre’s from time to time as I have a pretty open mind and if something is recommended to me I’ll give it a go.
6. I’m a total girl! – Ok, again a pretty obvious one! but basically I love all things girly! Make up, clothes, beauty… you name it! I love trying out new looks and products, and having a pamper is my idea of the perfect way to relax!
7. I love films! – I have always been really in to the cinema, but since doing film studies as part of my college course, that interest has increased further. I am fascinated by all aspects of film making, even though I’m having to build my practical skills from scratch.
8. I am addicted to Netflix! – This is partially connected to the above, but since being unwell recently I have embraced Netflix and love nothing more than ploughing through entire series’ of certain shows. My current obsession is The Vampire Diaries. I love it! LOVE it!
9. I have Bipolar disorder – I was officially diagnosed in April 2014. There is a lot of social stigma surrounding mental health but it is something I am more than happy to talk openly and freely about and will do so on throughout this blog.
10. I love to travel – I used to have a major phobia of flying (I blame watching the first Final Destination film!), and missed out on so much because of it. Then my friends decided to go to Cancun and I though right enough is enough, and sorted myself out! Since then I’ve seen so many amazing places and plan on seeing many more!
Thanks for visiting and I hope you’ll come back soon!
P.S You can follow me on Bloglovin by clicking the link in the side bar. You can also subscribe by email (also in the side bar). I am regularly found killing time on Twitter, where my username is @ashleigh_suze, and instagram @ashleighsteapartyblog – Come and say hi!