This post is slightly on the late side as it was meant to upload last night but I got distracted by GBBO and Our Girl (How amazing was the finale please?! – I digress…). Anyone, in this post, I told you all about how my town were getting a John Lewis, which included a Mac counter. I also found out a couple of days later that a town nearby is getting a Cosmetics Company store, so as you can imagine, I’ve been dreaming up a Mac wish list for the last couple of weeks! I’ve managed to narrow it down ever so slightly and that’s what I’m sharing with you today 🙂
1. Viva Glam Ariana II Lipglass (£15.00) – I don’t own anything from any of the Viva Glam collections as I never thought I would find the shades particularly wearable enough to get my monies worth. However, this latest offering from Ariana Grande is a gorgeous shimmery mauve, which is exactly the sort of colour I go for this time of year. I have never tried a Mac lipglass either so the two seem like the perfect combo.
2. Size to Go Cleanse off Face Oil (£10.00) – I’ve heard great things about this cleansing oil from some of my favourite YouTubers, for taking off eye make up in particular. It apparently completely breaks down even the toughest of formula’s, so it’s right up there on my list. I like to try new skin care products in the ‘Size to Go’ quantities first before commiting to paying double the price for the larger one, it feels much less of a blow if we don’t get on!
3. Lipstick in Velvet Teddy (£15.50) – This was never a shade I thought I would like, but after hearing from my cousins in Ireland (where Wet n Wild is available – not fair!) that you could get a dupe for less than £3.00 I decided I would give it a go (the dupe is Bare It All by Wet n Wild). I now love the shade and would be prepared to pay for the real thing, as although I love a good dupe, in my opinion, you can’t beat Mac when it comes to matte formulas.
4. Pro Longwear Concealer (£18.00) – I have wanted to try this for sooooo long but I really didn’t know which shade to go for and knew I needed to wait to be colour matched. It claims to be water resistent, non transferable, and last 15 hours, basically perfect for when I’m working 12 hour shifts! Out of everything on this wishlist this could potentially be my first purchase.
5 M.A.C Studio Face and Body Foundation in White (£22.00) – I’m someone who’s complexion can change on a weekly basis, particularly in winter or if I’m tired. I have no problem paying out for a high end foundation if it does what it’s supposed to, but sometimes I find myself needing a lighter shade. I’ve been recommended this product by so many people (even by MUA’s working for different brands…) to make my products more versitile.
6. Pigment is Rose (£16.00) – Firstly, can we please just take a moment to talk about how stunning this shade is?! I absolutely love it! I used to play with pigments by Barry M (the Dazzle Dusts) but in recent years have just stuck to normal shadows. There are so many tutorials on YouTube now that have lots of great tips on how to get the best results with them though, that I really want to start experimenting again.
7. Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle (£24.00) – When I first started reading blogs this was one of the products I heard the most about, everyone seemed to love it! After toying with the idea of getting one for myself I eventually decided to get it the last time I was in a MAC store in London… and they were sold out! I literally couldn’t get it anywhere! One day I will eventually get my hands on it, you wait and see 🙂
8. Powder Blush in Fleur (£18.50) – I’ve never actually tried a blush by MAC before, which is actually kind of bizarre for me as they are normally one of the first things I would try from a brand. The amount of shades available is quite frankly overwhelming so I think before I make a final decision on a shade I will take advantage of my new local counter and go and do some swatching. I like the look of Fleur online though and it will definitely be one I’ll be taking a closer look at.
9. Eyeshadow x 9 palette: Amber Times (£25.00) – Finally, no trip to MAC would be complete without some eyeshadow! This cute palette contains an array of really wearable colours so I know I would get lots of use out of it, it’s actually pretty small too so would be good for on the go. I only have a couple of MAC shadows so far but the ones I do have I really like, so this would be a great addition.
So there you have it, my current MAC picks! With so many great products on offer it really was hard to narrow it down but we got there in the end! Have you tried anything I’ve mentioned? If you have let me know, particularly if you have a review as I’d love to give it a read!
Bye for now 🙂